Ham and biscuit pineapple sliders with spicy honey mustard are going to rock your sandwich world! The perfect sweet and salty lunch treat, and bet you can’t eat just one! (I can’t!)
Somedays you just NEED to have a ham sandwich, and I’ll be the first one to say there’s nothing wrong with a good old, plain old ham and cheese. But…what would happen if ham sandwiches took a cue from their hamburger cousins, and turned into slider form? I’m talking shaved, salty, delicious ham on a soft, warm, buttermilk biscuit. I’m talking curly lettuce and a little bit of grilled pineapple. And I’m talking topping the whole thing off with a nice slathering of this.
Yep, my friends at Stonewall Kitchen were nice enough to send me a jar of this ridiculously good sweet and spicy mustard, and it was crying out to be spread on these ham and pineapple sliders. This particular mustard is not as thick as most mustards…it’s almost like a sauce, so it gave just the right amount of smooth and silky kick.
Start with some buttermilk biscuits. I’ve included my favorite recipe for them below, but feel free to buy them already made (make sure you warm them up right before you make the sliders, and if you use the ones in the tube, I won’t tell. I may or may not have done this myself).Ham and biscuit pineapple sliders with spicy honey mustard are going to rock your sandwich world! The perfect sweet and salty lunch treat.Click To TweetNext you need some pineapple…I like to grill my pineapple slices a teeny bit to give them just a little char, but plain fresh pineapple is just fine too. Some thin sliced ham, a little bit of curly lettuce, and you are in business. Bite into these babies, and you get a happy mouthful of salty ham meets sweet pineapple meets tangy mustard….all with some warm and wonderful buttermilk biscuit tossed in. Life doesn’t get much better, ham sandwich-wise.
Oh, and another reason I love sliders? You are pretty much required to eat more than one.
I think it might be an actual law somewhere.
Here’s the recipe…make sure you make a lot of them!Print
Ham and biscuit pineapple sliders with spicy honey mustard are going to rock your sandwich world! The perfect sweet and salty lunch treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 10 buttermilk biscuits, purchased or made from recipe below
- 10 slices pineapple, roughly the width of your biscuits
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- I small head leafy lettuce (Boston and Bibb are both great)
- Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Honey Mustard
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and put into a food processor with butter.
- Pulse about 5 times until the mixture looks like coarse sand. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the buttermilk and stir until just combined. The dough will be pretty wet-looking.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and gently shape it into a rectangle about 1 to 1/2 inch thick. Fold it over about 5 times or so, ending up with a piece of dough that is about 1 inch thick.
- Use a 2 inch round biscuit cutter (or a glass that is about 2 inches wide) to cut out 10 rounds. Place the rounds on a cookie sheet with the sides touching.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes, or until they have risen and are golden brown on top. Cool on a rack.
- Heat grill or frying pan to high. Quickly sear pineapple on one side until it is slightly charred, about 1-2 minutes (don’t leave it on too much longer as you don’t want it to dry out).
- If you are using pre-made biscuits, warm them up for about 15 seconds in the microwave. Slice them horizontally in half with a serrated knife.
- Spread the bottom of each biscuit with about one tablespoon of Spicy Honey Mustard. Lay one piece of pineapple over the mustard. Layer on a few slices of ham, folding it gently as you go so that it fits the biscuit. Top with a piece of lettuce and the top half of the biscuit.
- Serve, and bet you can’t eat just one!