- 6 slices buttered bread
- Six bread-sized slices of ham
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- Butter a baking dish and place the bread in the dish in one single layer.
- Place a slice of ham on each piece of bread.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl and pour evenly over the bread and ham.
- Cover the baking dish and refrigerate overnight (or for at least six hours).
- Before baking, pre-heat oven to 350. Spread about 1/4 cup of applesauce on top of each bread/ham section.
- Bake for about one hour or until the featherbed is golden brown and a little puffed up.