This recipe for a chicken and Brie sandwich with pan-roasted cherry tomatoes makes a hearty sandwich brimming with flavor. Perfect for a summer meal, and a great way to use up any leftover grilled chicken!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in half horizontally
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- 3 cups shredded grilled chicken breast
- 2 cups romaine lettuce leaves
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they just begin to soften. Turn off the heat, stir in the vinegar, thyme and salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix mayo and mustard together and spread evenly over both inside halves of the bread.
- Spoon tomatoes over the bottom half of the bread. Layer the Brie slices over the tomatoes, put the chicken over the Brie, and top with the lettuce.
- Put the top of the bread on the sandwich and cut it into 6 pieces, and serve it up!