Take everyday meatloaf to new heights by giving it a sweet, tangy brown sugar crust! Brown sugar meatloaf will have them asking for seconds for sure.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds meatloaf mix (equal parts ground beef, ground veal and ground lamb, although all ground beef will work fine too)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Pour the brown sugar into a 9×5 loaf pan and press it into the bottom. Spread the ketchup on top of the sugar.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together and press into the loaf pan on top of the ketchup.
- Bake for one hour. Remove from oven and pour juices into a bowl. Discard juice and let meatloaf rest for 10 minutes.
- Invert loaf onto a platter or cutting board, slice it up and enjoy!