- 2 cups plus one tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a large bowl. (If you don’t have a sifter, you can get the same result by putting these ingredients into a fine mesh strainer over the bowl and stirring them until everything has fallen through the mesh into the bowl below.)
- Stir in coconut.
- Mix together egg, butter and milk until well mixed. I do this by putting them all into a mason jar and shaking! Pour into bowl with dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Toss the blueberries gently with flour (this is to keep them from sinking to the bottom of your muffins). Fold them gently into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter among muffin cups. I like to do this with a large cookie scoop – less mess!
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the muffin tin, and then remove from the tin and finish cooling on a cooling rack.