Everyone’s favorite retro meal, beef stroganoff, now in casserole form with this easy recipe!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 eight ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 pound curly egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I like the Cabot brand!)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Saute chuck and onions in large skillet over medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, cottage cheese and cream cheese and cook another 2-3 minutes until fully combined. It’s okay if the cream cheese isn’t fully melted…a few chunks are good!
- Add cooked noodles and pepper to the skillet, stir to combine and pour the whole mixture into the prepared casserole. Sprinkle cheddar evenly on top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until bubbling and a little browned. Cool for about 5 minutes and serve!