This fun recipe for marinated shrimp with cucumber noodles makes a healthy and dramatic appetizer!
- 2 English cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 18 chilled forks
- Slice cucumber into long noodles, using a mandoline and being Very Very Careful!!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the salt. Add the shrimp and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes. Scoops them out of the water and set aside.
- Combine soy sauce, oil, lime zest and juice, ginger, and garlic in a large bowl. Add shrimp and cucumber noodles, tossing to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Twirl a few cucumber noodles on each chilled fork and spear a shrimp on the end. Serve immediately.
This makes a fun and dramatic appetizer, but it also makes a great light supper! Instead of using the forks, just serve everything out of that bowl you mixed the shrimp and cucumber in. Easy!