This recipe for reindeer crunch is the perfect easy, sweet and salty gift from your holiday kitchen! And don’t forget to make a batch for yourself.
- 12 cups plain popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts
- Preheat over to 250.
- Combine popcorn and nuts in large bowl
- Melt butter in medium heavy saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring now and then. Stir in vanilla.
- Working quickly and carefully (sugar mixture is super-hot!), pour sugar mixture over popcorn and nuts. Stir with a wooden spoon until coated.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on two lightly greased two baking pans. Bake at 250 for 30 minutes, stirring once.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes and break into chunks.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave (if you use the microwave, melt on 50% power for 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds until melted). Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn.
- Cool until chocolate hardens (this goes faster in the fridge.) Store in airtight container. If you even need to store it, because this stuff disappears fast! 🙂