This easy recipe for fettuccine with sweet potatoes, bacon and rosemary blends all of those great flavors into a fun and satisfying pasta sauce.
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- Two sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- Two cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped rosemary
- Fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 and cook bacon on a baking sheet until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until done. Reserve one cup pasta water before draining.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add sweet potato and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until potato is tender.
- Add potato mixture and cheese to pot of drained pasta and cook over medium-low heat, adding pasta water in small increments, until cheese is melted and the sauce is a nice light consistency. Only use as much water as you need.
- Add bacon and rosemary (saving back a little rosemary for garnish) and toss again.
- Divide among four plates and sprinkle some more cheese and rosemary on top, and grind some fresh black pepper on top. Serve at once.