This easy recipe for cucumber feta toasts uses tangy feta cheese and sweet cucumbers for an easy and delicious open-faced sandwich!
- 1 small loaf of French bread, cut in half length-wise
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 small cucumber, sliced as thinly as you can
- Preheat oven 450 degrees. Place the bread crust side down on a baking sheet, brush the cut sides of the French bread with half the olive oil and bake until just starting to toast, about 5 minutes.
- While the bread is baking, smoosh the feta, the rest of the oil and half the lemon juice all together with a fork. Season with pepper.
- Spread the feta mixture over the top of the toasted bread and line it with cucumber slices.
- Season with pepper, the rest of the lemon juice, and a drizzle of oil. Cut into pieces to serve.