- 3/4 pound carrots (about 4), cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 biscuits, baked and split
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery, onion, and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the wine and broth.
- Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- Thirty minutes before serving, bake up your biscuits – either the kind from the tube or from scratch. No judging. :)
- Ten minutes before serving, remove the chicken and shred into bite sized pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker and add the peas, cream, and ½ teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.