Bacon heaven comes with a little cornmeal and brown sugar in this ultimate recipe for cornmeal and brown sugar crusted bacon!
- 1/4 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 16 thick bacon slices
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dredge bacon slices in cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess.
- Place half of bacon in a single layer on a lightly greased wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Repeat procedure with remaining bacon, placing on another lightly greased wire rack in a second jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned and crisp. Let stand 5 minutes.