- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 cups (3–4 large) tomatoes – heirloom if you can get them!
- 1 cup of fresh basil, chopped (save the little leaves for garnish
- Heat grill to medium-high. Toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and brush the cut side of the bread with a little more olive oil.
- Grill the bread until it is golden, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Grill the shrimp for 2 minutes per side. If you have a seafood grilling pan it will be perfect for this – if not, just lay them carefully on the grate with tongs.
- Cut the baguette into small squares and place in a large bowl. Add the shrimp, baguette, tomatoes, and basil with the vinegar, the remaining oil and salt and pepper to taste.