Poached eggs, crispy bacon, a toasted English muffin and a drizzle of Hollandaise sauce – there’s nothing better than this recipe for classic eggs benedict!
For The Bacon and Eggs
- 8 pieces of bacon or 4 pieces of Canadian bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 English muffins
For the Hollandaise Sauce
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cayenne or tabasco
Make The Bacon
- Heat a large skillet on medium low heat. Add the strips of bacon or the slices of Canadian bacon. Slowly fry, turning occasionally, until the bacon is browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Make The Blender Hollandaise
- To make blender hollandaise, melt 10 tablespoons butter.
- Put 3 egg yolks, a tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender and blend on medium high for 20-30 seconds, until eggs lighten in color. Turn blender down to lowest setting and slowly drizzle in the hot melted butter, while continuing to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Poach The Eggs
- Poach eggs by slipping them into simmering water, covering the pan, taking the burner off the heat (yes, off) and letting them sit for exactly 4 minutes, then scoop them out with a slotted spoon.
- While you are poaching the eggs in whatever way you like, toast your English muffins.
- Butter one side of an English muffin. Top with two slices of bacon or 1 slice of Canadian bacon. Put a poached egg on top of the bacon, then pour some hollandaise over. Sprinkle some parsley over it all and serve at once.