What’s better than blueberry cobbler? Blueberry cobbler Texas-style, with a light lemony batter over sweet blueberries for the perfect summer dessert!
- 4 tablespoons butter cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Zest from one lemon
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350. Place 4 tablespoons cut up butter in 9×13 inch baking pan and put in oven until butter is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove but leave oven on.
- Put 1/4 cup sugar and lemon zest in food processor and whirl until combined, about 5 seconds.
- Mash blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the lemon sugar until berries are just a bit smooshed.
- Put flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl and stir to combine with a whisk. Whisk in 8 tablespoons melted cooled butter and milk until smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking dish with the melted butter.
- Drop spoonfuls of blueberry mixture evenly over batter, sprinkle with remaining lemon sugar and bake until golden brown and edges are crispy, about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool about 30 minutes and serve warm. I wouldn’t say no to a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of this deliciousness.