- 2 pounds chopped tomatoes
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos (depending on how spicy you like things), stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 slice white bread, crust removed and torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Crumbled cooked bacon, shredded lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes and croutons for garnish
- Sprinkle tomatoes with 1/4 teaspoon salt and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onion, garlic, vinegar, bread, oil and sugar in blender and puree until smooth, about one minute. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Stir, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with as much garnish as you like!