This recipe for grilled Lebanese flatbread is so easy to make, and a delicous addition to your summer dinner menu. Delicious with hummus!
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 3 cups flour
- Olive oil
- Put the salt, sugar, yeast and 1 cup warm water in a bowl and give it a stir. Let it sit until it gets a little bubbly and then stir in the flour, adding a little more water if the dough seems dry. Cover it up with a dishtowel and let it sit and rise for an hour.
- When the dough has puffed up a little, put it on a well floured surface (I love using a silicone mat for this and knead it for about 5 minutes until it is nice and soft.
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces and roll them into 6 inch round pieces. Don’t worry if they aren’t perfectly round by the way – the different shapes are part of the fun!
- Brush one side of the dough rounds olive oil and put them on a medium high heat grill, oil side down, and brush the other side with more oil. Grill until they start to puff up and the underside is brown, then turn them over until the other side is browned.
- Take them off the grill and eat them while they are still warm!