This recipe kicks up your chocolate cookies up with some espresso! Chocolate espresso cookies are your favorite flavor with just a little hint of coffee for maximum cookie deliciousness.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Melt the first 8 ounces of chocolate with butter in a double boiler or by melting in the microwave at 50% power for 30 second intervals until melted. Set aside.
- Put brown sugar and melted chocolate in a mixer and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix together flour, espresso powder, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating at the lowest speed until everything is well-combined. Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for a few hours until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Roll dough between your palms into small balls, and place on the cookie sheet. Press the dough balls slightly with the bottom of a glass to flatten just a little.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, cool and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.