Brittle isn’t just for peanuts, as you’ll see with this easy recipe for chocolate chip cashew cookie brittle. A whole new spin on chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a rimmed baking dish or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Pour the melted butter into a large bowl, and stir in the vanilla.
- Add the sugar, salt and flour and mix to combine–the mixture will be somewhat crumbly. Don’t worry! It’s supposed to be like that.
- Stir in the cashews and chocolate chips. Press the mixture in a thin, even layer onto the cookie sheet – about the height of a chocolate chip. Depending on the size of your cookie sheet, it might not fill the whole thing, which is totally fine.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, until light golden brown. Let cool completely before breaking into pieces. Try really hard not to eat the whole batch while you are breaking those pieces.