The BLT just got a makeover in mini form with basil instead of lettuce. Bet you can’t eat just one of these mini bacon tomato and basil sandwiches!
Okay, I’ll admit it…I am a complete sucker for anything with the word “mini” in the title. Mini-golf. Mini-series. Mini-cooper. And add the word bacon, and I am pretty much helpless. So you KNOW mini BLTS had to happen in my kitchen.
This is a perfect little supper for eating curled up together on the sofa watching, oh, a mini-series? Right now we are trying to catch up with The Game of Thrones, The Borgias and Nurse Jackie all at the same time, while being very careful not to miss a single episode of either Glee or American Idol.
It’s exhausting, which is why a perfect little tiny sandwich that has some tomato, some bacon, a parmesan-mayonnaise spread and one basil leaf is just the ticket. Providing you make enough that each person can have five or six of them.
They are like the wild and crazy American cousins of those little cucumber sandwiches you sometimes get at a proper English tea, and I love ’em.That’s all I’ve got on this one…except go make them right now. Bacon = happiness!Print
The BLT just got a makeover in mini form with basil instead of lettuce! Bet you can’t eat just one of these mini bacon tomato and basil sandwiches.
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 9 slices extra-thin white bread slices (Pepperidge Farm makes a great thin sliced bread!)
- 9 slices of bacon, cut in half and cooked to your liking
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Stir together cheese and mayonnaise. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly onto 1 side of each bread slice.
- Layer 3 bread slices, mayonnaise sides up, with 3 bacon slices each. Top bacon evenly with 1 bread slice, tomato slices, and basil.
- Top each with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise sides down. Cut each sandwich into quarters, put on a pretty plate and serve!
Recipe adapted from Southern Living
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!