This easy recipe for guaca-hummus is the perfect combo of your two favorite dips, guacamole and hummus! Perfect for your next party.
Now that the Southern husband and I are well into our experiment of noshing on appetizers for casual Friday night suppers, I’m starting to get a little more adventurous with the whole appetizer thing.
And this particular recipe is based on my general theory of if I like one thing, and I like another thing, combining those two might turn into true love. (Hey, it worked for Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and if it’s good enough for peanut butter and chocolate, it’s good enough for me.)
Anyone, here’s the deal on this one. Either whip up or buy a batch of your favorite hummus. Either whip up or buy a batch of your favorite guacamole. (I am in the “whip up” camp on both of these, and if you are looking for the world’s fastest and best hummus recipe, here is my fave.)
Now find a serving bowl and spread the hummus on the bottom. Scatter some shredded cheddar cheese and chopped scallions on top. Spread the guac over all this. More cheddar, more scallions and some chopped tomatoes. A little chili powder, and you are done!
A few notes about this one:
- The inspiration for this recipe came from the Cabot Cheese site and this gives me another chance to say, Cabot Cheese? You rock!!
- The original recipe had the guac on the bottom and the hummus on the top, but I am ornery and switched them around. You do what feels right to you.
- I used blue corn tortilla chips with this just for the sheer drama of it all, but celery, pita chips, cucumber rounds and your finger will all make lovely scoops for this.
I think that’s all there is to say about this one!
This easy recipe for guaca-hummus is the perfect combo of your two favorite dips, guacamole and hummus! Perfect for your next party. #guacamole #hummus #guacahummus #appetizer #tailgatefood #dip #avocado #chickpeas #framedcooks
- 2 cups guacamole
- 8 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, divided
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups hummus
- 1/4 cup diced tomato or red pepper, whichever you prefer
- Mild or hot chili powder for garnish
- Spread hummus in even layer in a medium serving dish. Scatter with half of grated cheese and half of scallions.
- Spread guacamole in even layer over the hummus, followed by remaining cheese and scallions.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes or red peppers and dust with chili powder. Serve with tortilla chips, veggies, etc.
Recipe adapted from the Cabot Cheese recipe
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!