This easy recipe for deviled eggs with tarragon and shallots takes everyone’s favorite Easter appetizer and gives them a lovely herb flavor!
- Twelve hard boiled eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped very fine
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, or cut the top third off the top. Scoop out the yolks and mash with a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the mashed yolks and mix well. Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites. (You can also scoop the mixture into a large ziploc bag, snip off the bottom corner and squeeze the mixture into the egg whites, similar to using a pastry bag. I find this to be a lot less messy.)
- Garnish with more ground pepper and tarragon sprigs if you like, and serve!