This easy recipe for raspberry crumble squares uses your favorite raspberry jam (hello, Stonewall Kitchen!) to make a batch of delectable cookie bars.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks cold butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, confectioner’s sugar, salt and butter in food processor and pulse about 30 times, until the butter is the size of small peas or smaller.
- Sprinkle the mixture into an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan. Press into the bottom of the pan and about 1/2 inch up the sides. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until firm and just beginning to brown.
- Melt the jam in a small saucepan over medium heat until thinned and liquified. In a medium bowl, mix the berries with 3 tablespoons flour until well coated.
- For the topping, combine 1 stick cubed butter, 1 cup flour and brown sugar in food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- When the shortbread comes out of the oven, spread the liquid jam over the crust. Sprinkle the berries and any remaining flour on top of the jam. Sprinkle the brown sugar topping over all. Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve room temperature or cold.