This easy recipe for lobster bruschetta is the perfect fancy appetizer or light lunch. Full of seafood and vegetable goodness!
- 2 1 1/2- to 1 3/4-pound lobster, steamed, shelled and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces tomatoes (about 2 medium), each cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 2 peeled garlic cloves; 1 minced, 1 whole
- 2 tablespoons Madeira
- 3 extra-large basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus additional (for drizzling)
- 4 5x4x1/2-inch slices sourdough bread
- Mix onion and vinegar in large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add lobster meat, tomatoes, celery, shallot, minced garlic, Madeira, basil, and 1/4 cup oil to bowl with onions. Toss to coat. Let stand 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Lightly toast bread. Rub with whole garlic clove. Drizzle with oil. Divide lobster salad among toasts.