This easy recipe for caramel walnut dream bars takes cake mix and combines it with a few other ingredients for a dreamy cookie bar dessert.
- One box yellow cake mix (18.5 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- One 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (I used the Heath Bar, brand, usually found near the chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 13″x9″ pan with parchment or nonstick foil, extending the ends over the side (this is so you can easily lift it out of the pan later!)
- Put cake mix, butter, and one egg in a mixing bowl and stir until it is combined (mixture will be crumbly). Press it into the baking pan.
- Put sweetened condensed milk, remaining egg, vanilla extract, walnuts, and the toffee bits into a mixing bowl, mix it up and pour it into the cake mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until it is golden brown. Cool (I know! So hard!) and use the ends of the parchment or foil to help lift it out of the pan. Cut into squares and give the first one to the person of your dreams.