This easy peppermint fudge recipe is of course perfect for the holidays, but truth? I could totally eat it all year long.
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Ghiradhelli)
- 1 cup peppermint candy – canes or the round candies
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 1/3 cups mini-marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Lightly coat a 9 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line with two pieces of parchment paper going in both directions, leaving about 2 inches of overhang on each side. Spray parchment with cooking spray.
- Put chocolate chips in food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer to large bowl.
- Now put peppermint candies in food processor until finely chopped. Set aside about 1/8 cup for garnish. In medium saucepan, combine chopped peppermint, cream, marshmallows, butter, sugar and salt over medium high heat. Stir until everything is melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Pour peppermint mixture through a strainer into the bowl with the chopped chocolate. Let stand for one minute and then stir until smooth. Pour into baking pan.
- Sprinkle reserved chopped peppermint over top and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Using the parchment sides as handles, lift out of pan and cut into 1 inch squares.