Ravioli tastes even better inside out with this quick and fun recipe for naked ravioli, and it will also make your family extra interested about supper!
- 1 pound ground veal (you can also use ground pork or beef or any combo thereof!)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper
- Extra grated parmesan for garnish
- Combine meat, egg, cheese, parsley and onion. Roll into balls about 1/2 inch in diameter and pop in the fridge until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add a tablespoon of salt. Cook meatballs in boiling water for 5 minutes and remove with slotted spoon. Put in a bowl and cover to keep warm. Cook pasta in the same water until done, adding the peas during the last minute of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook butter and sage leaves together in small pot until butter is light brown, about 5 minutes. Toss pasta with butter mixture, reserved meatballs and enough pasta water to make a light sauce. Salt and peper to taste. Top with grated parsmesan and serve.