Lemons, shrimp, garlic and pasta – if you love them, this recipe for lemon shrimp scampi with linguine is the supper you have been looking for!
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grated zest of one lemon
- Juice from 4 lemons
- 1/2 lemon, cut in half and thinly sliced
- Cook linguine in salted water until done, drain and put back in the pot.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium low heat. Add garlic and saute for one minute. Add shrimp, one teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, turn up heat to medium and saute until shrimp are pink, about 5 minutes. Stir often, turning the shrimp over to make sure they are cooked through.
- Turn heat back down to low and add lemon juice, zest and slices, and red pepper. Stir for about a minute to combine and heat up the sauce.
- Pour sauce with shrimp into pot with drained pasta, toss well and serve.