Add some easy lobster dumplings to cauliflower soup for a perfectly elegant soup supper. Cauliflower soup with lobster dumplings – it’s elegance in a bowl!
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 sweet onion, chopped finely
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 whole lobsters, cooked, meat removed from shell, 1/2 cup tail meat reserved for dumplings, the rest of the meat sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked lobster meat (from the lobster listed above)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add onion and cauliflower and season with salt. Stir the cauliflower until it begins to get tender.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is completely soft.
- While the cauliflower is simmering, make the dumplings by mixing all the dumpling ingredients together and rolling into small firm balls about 1/2-inch in diameter. (You can add more milk as needed if you need it to make the dumplings hold together.)
- Back at the cauliflower, when it is tender puree the cauliflower mixture until smooth in a blender, or right in the pot with an immersion blender. Add the heavy cream and nutmeg and bring the soup to a simmer.
- Add the dumplings and poach them in soup for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide the remaining lobster meat among 8 soup bowls and pour soup and dumplings on top.
- Serve at once!