- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped to make 12-15 cups popcorn
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tea bag (regular black tea)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Combine popcorn, bacon and cashews in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne and toss to coat,.
- Bring cream and tea bag just to the boil and remove from heat. Let sit for 15 minutes, press on tea bag and remove.
- Line baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Spray two large spoons with cooking spray as well.
- Stir sugar, water and corn syrup in large saucepan over medium low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until syrup turns amber, occasionally swirling pan. This will take about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately add cream – mixture will bubble up – don’t panic!
- Immediately pour mixture over popcorn, being Very Careful – it’s hot. Toss with the sprayed spoons until well-combined and transfer to baking sheet. Cool completely and then break up into chunks.