Never again be afraid of making delicious homemade bread with this easy recipe for almost no knead bread! Perfect artisan style bread every time.
- 3 cups flour, plus additional for dusting work surface
- 1/4 teaspoon instant or rapid-rise yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons beer
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Whisk flour, yeast, and salt in large bowl. Add water, beer, and vinegar.
- Stir ingredients together with a wooden spoon until it forms a shaggy looking ball. You may have to coax it together with your hands at the end.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 8 to 18 hours. Really.
- Lay 12- by 18-inch sheet of parchment paper inside a 10-inch skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface and knead 10 to 15 times. Shape dough into ball by pulling edges into middle. Transfer dough, seam-side down, to parchment-lined skillet. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature until dough has risen a bit more, about 2 hours.
- About 30 minutes before baking, adjust oven rack to second lowest position, place 6- to 8-quart heavy-bottomed Dutch oven (with lid) on rack, and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Lightly flour top of dough and, using razor blade or sharp knife, make one 6-inch-long, 1/2-inch-deep slit along top of dough. Carefully remove pot from oven and remove lid. Pick up dough by lifting parchment overhang and lower into pot (let any excess parchment hang over pot edge). Cover pot and place in oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425 degrees and bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove lid and continue to bake until loaf is deep brown, about 20 to 30 minutes longer. Carefully remove bread from pot; transfer to wire rack and cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. If you can wait that long.