This fun recipe for spaghetti tacos is a guaranteed kid-pleaser, and the combo of spaghetti and tiny meatballs wrapped in a soft taco works for all ages!
- 3 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 12 flour tortillas
- Combine the bread crumbs, beef, eggs, garlic, parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper and mix with wet hands. Form the mixture into one inch meatballs.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the meatballs and, working in batches to avoid crowding, cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, cover and simmer all the meatballs for 30 minutes. Let them cool while you cook the pasta.
- Cook the the pasta according to the package directions in heavily salted water and drain.
- Add the pasta to the sauce in the pan and toss until completely coated and pour into large serving dish.
- Warm tortillas in microwave and serve with pasta, allowing folks to scoop out their own spaghetti and meatballs into tortillas.