This easy recipe for soup bowl lasagna takes out so much of the work of regular lasagna and turns it into a quick and delicious soup bowl supper.
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken in half
- 1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add a tablespoon of salt. Blanch the spinach in the water for one minute, scoop out with a slotted spoon into a colander and drain.
- Add noodles to the boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat ricotta in heavy small saucepan until smooth. Stir over low heat for 2 minutes, add mozzarella and stir until melted, about one minute more. Remove from heat and grind in some pepper.
- Warm marinara sauce in separate saucepan.
- Time to assemble! Line up 4 soup bowls and ladle a quarter cup of sauce into each bowl. Top with two noodles. Divide spinach on top of noodles, and then divide cheese mixture on top of spinach. Top with second later of noodles, remaining sauce and grated parmesan. Serve at once.