BLT, move on over! The tomato bacon sandwich with basil bacon mayo is in town. Make this lunch treat today with this simple recipe.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 5 slices bacon, cooked
- 8 slices bread
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Combine mayo, basil and one slice of bacon that has been chopped into small pieces
- Cut the remaining bacon slices in half. Spread the bread slices with the mayo mixture.
- Lay two slices of tomato on bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place two bacon slices on top. Cover with another later of bread. Serve at once.