- 2 slices bread – any substantial bread will do, but regular sandwich bread will be too soft
- Sliced havarti cheese
- Thinly sliced tomato
- Olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Heat grill to medium. Assemble sandwiches by layering cheese, then tomato, then another layer of cheese.
- Brush outside of bread with olive oil and grind pepper on top.
- Place sandwich on grill and weight down with something heavy (a brick wrapped in foil, a heavy frying pan or one of those big cans of tomatoes will all work!
- Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side until bread is toasted and cheese is melted. Serve at once.