This very easy, slightly spicy recipe for shrimp in a jar pairs tender shrimp with avocado, tortilla chips, tomato and spices for a fun and portable lunch!
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (I used iceberg)
- 1/2 cup coarsely crumbled tortilla chips
- Stir together tomatoes, onion, parsley, chile, ketchup, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash avocados with remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Divide lettuce among jars and layer shrimp mixture, avocado, and crumbled chips on top.