Avocados and cucumber team up for a refreshing chilled soup that will cool down the warmest summer day. Try some chilled avocado cucumber soup this summer!
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 ounces cooked shrimp or crabmeat
- 1 chopped tomato
- In a blender, combine half the cucumber and 1 avocado with the yogurt, lime juice, scallions, 1 cup ice water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Puree until completely smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cut remaining avocado into 1/4-inch cubes. Stir avocado and remaining cucumber into soup. Thin with 1/2 to 1 cup ice water, as desired. Season again with salt and pepper. Chill, about hour.
- Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with shrimp or crabmeat and tomato.