Crust and Topping
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chilled butter, cut into cubes
- Zest from two lemons
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 6 cups fresh blueberries or two 16-ounce packages frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
Make the crust and topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- Put the sugar into a pie plate and rub the lemon zest into the sugar with a a fork or the back of a spoon.
- Combine lemon sugar, flour, salt and butter in a bowl, and beat the ingredients on medium speed until the mixture looks dry and crumbly.
- Hold back 1 1/2 cups of the crust mixture to use as the topping. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the baking pan and bake the crust for 12 to 15 minutes until it is golden brown. Cool the crust while you make the filling.
Make the filling
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and add the sugar, sour cream, flour and salt. Gently stir in the berries and spoon the mixture evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the saved crust mixture evenly over the filling. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until the top is lightly browned. Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.