The secret ingredient to this tender, delicious barbecued ribs recipe? Coca-Cola soda and some fatherly love! Grandpa’s Coca-Cola Ribs!
- 4 lbs bone in pork ribs
- 3 cups Coca-Cola or Dr. Pepper
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Place the ribs to a large glass or ceramic baking dish and pour 2 cups of Coca-Cola or Dr. Pepper over them. Reserve the third cup of the soda for a sauce to be made later. Cover the pan securely with plastic wrap and let the ribs marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of soda into a blender or food processor and add the ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, pepper, dry mustard, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Put the ribs in a roasting pan that has been coated with cooking spray, brush liberally with part of the sauce, and roast covered in a 225 oven for about 2 1/2 hours or until until very tender. (Can be done the day before. )
- To finish, grill the ribs over high heat, basting with some of the leftover sauce until the outside is crispy, about 10-15 minutes. While the ribs are cooking, simmer the remaining sauce for about 20 minutes until a little thick.
Check out the step by step video in the post to see how easy these ribs are to make!