Fruit and nuts and and cheese help make this a chicken salad to remember! Shake up your lunch with this easy recipe for cranberry walnut chicken salad.
For The Dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
For The Salad
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup candied or spiced walnuts (or any variety of nuts that you like)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Process all dressing ingredients except oil in food processor until shallot is finely chopped. Add oil and continue to process until well combined.
- Combine all salad ingredients and toss with 1/2 to 3/4 cup dressing. Divide salad among plates and serve.