This fun recipe for salted toffee chocolate squares is as easy as it is addictively delicious! It’s the perfect little dessert or gift from the kitchen.
- 12 graham crackers broken into squares
- 1 8 oz bag toffee pieces (found in the baking aisle, usually as Heath Bar pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, salted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Set the oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick foil. (I beg you not to skip this step.)
- Lay the graham crackers on the baking sheet, touching each other. Sprinkle the toffee pieces and the chopped almonds evenly over the crackers. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and butter in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Turn the heat to medium low and simmer for a few minutes until the mixture looks syrupy. Remove from heat and pour over the graham crackers, trying to soak all of them.
- Pop the squares into the oven and Bbake for about 12 minutes. Remove and immediately sprinkle with the chocolate chips and sea salt.
- Cool them for 15 minutes (so hard!) and then use a pizza cutter or large knife to cut into 2 inch squares. Transfer the squares to a cooling rack.