This easy recipe for puppy chow is actually not for puppies! It’s a chocolate and peanut butter coated cereal snack that will have you begging for more.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 cups Chex cereal (Any variety. I used Wheat Chex)
- 1–1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Place peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for one minute, then stir to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Microwave an additional 30 seconds if not fully melted. Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla and stir well.
- Put the Chex into a large bowl and pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal. Mix it up throughly, making sure all the cereal gets coated.
- Divide the cereal mixture into two gallon-sized plastic zip-lock bags. Add one cup of powdered sugar to each bag and shake the bag gently until the cereal is well-dusted with sugar.
- Spread the cereal on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and refrigerate for one hour. Store in refrigerator in between servings.