Sometimes wishes do come true and this recipe for Chocolate Believe Cake is the proof. A rich cake with an easy fudge topping is the perfect dessert.
- 1/2 cup Karo Light or Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter
- 5 squares (1 oz each) Baker’s Semisweet Baking Chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 squares (1 oz each) Baker’s Semisweet Baking Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons Karo Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Grease and flour one 9-inch layer cake pan. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large saucepan, bring corn syrup and butter to boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally and remove from heat once it boils. Add chocolate, stir until melted.
- Add sugar. Stir in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla, flour and nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, allow to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt three squares (1 oz each) Baker’s Semisweet Baking Chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter, stir often. Remove from heat.
- Stir in two tablespoons Karo Corn Syrup and one teaspoon milk until smooth. Pour over top of brownie cake and spread over sides. Let stand one hour before serving.