Quick and easy chicken tostadas are a great way to use up leftover chicken! Try this healthy version of this Mexican classic for supper soon.
- 4 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt & ground pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush both sides of tortillas lightly with oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, 10 minutes.
- Divide cheese among tortillas and return to oven. Bake until cheese is bubbling, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium-high. Add half the red onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add chili powder and cook until fragrant stir for another minute. Add chicken and 1/4 cup water. Stir until chicken is warmed through and liquid is almost gone, about 2 minutes. Stir in lime juice and remove from heat.
- Top each tortilla with chicken mixture, tomato, avocado, remaining onion, and parsley.