This easy and delectable recipe for rosemary merlot flank steak adds some red wine and herb flavor to grilled steak. A perfect grilled supper!
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Combine first seven ingredients in plastic bag, add steak and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove steak, reserving marinade. Grill steak for 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes and then slice against grain.
- While steak cooks, combine leftover marinade, tomato paste and mustard in small pot. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to one cup, about 7 minutes. Serve sauce over steak.