If you think lobster is great in the shell, wait until you taste it in this glorious savory pie! This easy recipe for lobster pot pie is seafood heaven.
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups clam juice
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 lobsters, cooked, shelled and meat cut into chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups soft french bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan and add flour, whisking until smooth. Gradually whisk in the clam juice until the sauce is smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes or so.
- Add sherry and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add lobster just enough to warm it up. Taste sauce and add salt and pepper to taste. Using slotted spoon, transfer lobster to oven-proof casserole and spoon just enough sauce over to cover the lobster without making it too soupy.
- Melt the remaining butter. Put bread crumbs, parsley and cheese in mixing bowl, pour melted butter over top and mix thoroughly. Spread crumbs over lobster.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crumbs are golden. Serve immediately. Remember why you love lobster so dang much.