Turn barbecue into a supper that the whole family will love with this easy barbecue casserole recipe! Make sure you make enough for seconds…and thirds.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce (see note)
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1 large can refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until it begins to brown, and then add onion. Cook until beef is fully browned. Stir in barbecue sauce and Tabasco.
- Lay biscuits in single layer in the baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over all.
- Bake until biscuits are cooked and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes and then serve.
The barbecue sauce is going to be the major flavor in this dish, so keep that in mind when you are picking yours. They can be sweet, spicy – there are so many choices!