If you love Payday candy bars, here’s a Payday cookie bars version just for you! This easy recipe is full of peanut butter and marshmallow deliciousness!
Layer One: The Crust
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
Layer Two: The Marshmallows
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
Layer Three: The Peanutty Deliciousness
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Mix all of the ingredients, press into a slightly greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over top of crust. Bake for another 5 minutes
- Melt chips, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in cereal and peanuts. Poor over base and spread evenly. Cool, cut into squares. Small squares. Trust me on this.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!