This simple recipe for coconut shrimp soup is a tropical spin on your usual noodle soup. Sweet coconut and shrimp make this a delicious lunchtime treat!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut in halves or thirds
- Juice from one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Flaked coconut for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add ginger and pepper and stir for a minute. Pour in coconut milk, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water until smooth and whisk it into the soup.
- Add in the spaghetti, bring the soup to a boil and cook until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes or so.
- Add shrimp and let them simmer for about 2 minutes until they are just done.
- Stir in the lime juice and the salt, divide among bowls and scatter on some scallions and coconut. And enjoy this tropical soup!