Slow roasted beef and a tangy sauce make turn into the world’s most satisfying slow cooker barbecue sandwiches! Perfect for your next tailgate or picnic.
- 1 five pound beef brisket
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 10 sandwich rolls, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup malt vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put brisket in roasting pan and brush with liquid smoke.
- Combine salt and spices and mix well. Rub into brisket.
- Cover roasting pan and bake until brisket is fork-tender, about 3 1/2 hours
- Remove from pan and use 2 forks to pull beef apart in the pan juices, shredding coarsely.
- Serve on rolls with barbecue sauce.
- Heat oil in saucepan and add onion, garlic, cumin and cayenne. Saute for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, 10 minutes. Makes 2 cups.